Drafter - Metal
VCA Inc. is a growing company that has cultivated a culture of creativity, skilled fabrication and great customer service. We take pride in maintaining the highest standards of craftsmanship and quality. VCA is fortunate to uphold the trust of architects and designers across the country whose work is extraordinary. We value collaboration, commitment to craft and high-quality results. We respect the input and efforts of everyone involved in the creative process. We focus great attention on every aspect of production and strive for excellence in each project we complete.
Do you relish working on challenging projects? Do you like solving problems? Are you a team player? VCA is looking for the right person to add to our Metal Drafting-Engineering Department. We focus on challenging, residential furniture and millwork projects throughout the US. As a member of the team you will be working independently but also with other drafters, project managers, team leaders, installers, and sub-contractors to produce detailed technical drawings of our projects. This person should be self-motivated, organized, and be willing to communicate with others throughout the company.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Meet with other team members to clarify scope of current projects.
- Help define "Best Approach" for construction and installation of projects before drafting starts.
- Create shop drawing in AutoCad and Solidworks for presentation to architects and and designers. Make updates and corrections as needed including fabrication part drawings.
- Organize and maintain drawing files.
- Willingness to help where needed.
- Post high school training in drafting with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings
- Excellent mechanical and visual aptitude and the ability to do detailed work accurately and neatly.
- Well-developed drafting and mechanical drawing skills.
- 3D Modeling experience required
- A solid background in computer-aided drafting (AutoCad and Solidworks).
- Understanding of basic woodworking and metal working techniques and construction. Ideal candidate has experience in fabrication of architectural metalwork.
- The ability to use technical handbooks, tables, calculators and drawing tools.
- Able to communicate both verbally and graphically.
- Able to work independently and to identify and solve problems.
- Good interpersonal skills enabling coordination with architects and job managers.
- Ability to commute/relocate:
- Northampton, MA 01060: Reliably commute of planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short –Term Disability Insurance
- Discounts on Phone Plan and Shop Goods
Job Type: Full-time