metrica MA is a growing company located in Western Massachusetts, who creates very high end residential interiors and unique furniture for clients around the world. We specialize (and excel) in custom architectural millwork and one-of-a-kind furniture for discerning architects, designers, general contractors and owners.
We collaborate with artists and artisans both locally and globally. No finish or material challenge is too much for us, be it wood, metal, custom glass, parchments, lacquers and paints, or stone. We take pride in maintaining the highest standards of craftsmanship and quality. We value collaboration, commitment to craft and high quality results. We respect the input and efforts of everyone involved in the creative process. We emphasize attention to every aspect of production and strive for excellence on each project we complete.
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK HERE:
If you’re just looking for a paycheck in a stress-free environment, metrica MA is probably not for you. We are looking for people who are not only passionate, but eager to work in collaboration with like-minded co-workers. If you are seeking a position that is different every day with an opportunity to make a real difference, then look no further.
This position is busy, sometimes crazy, and always dynamic. Creativity and input from the team are encouraged. There will be moments of stress with deadlines and the like, but that will be rewarded with the sweet satisfaction of working with team mates who have your back to help ensure everyone’s success. That, in itself, can be and is, exhilarating.
You will have pride in being part of some of the most incredible, one-of-a-kind creations on the planet, with the accomplishment of a job well done.
If you have the passion, work ethic, commitment, interest and inherent ability, as well as willingness to learn and work with others, this might be a good fit. The possibilities are endless.
Finisher I is an entry level position responsible for establishing an understanding of metrica MA's processes and methods of finishing. One would need to be able to work with the finishing manager on learning the basics of finishing. Under general supervision the Finisher I performs a variety of tasks including buffing, scuffing, finishing, protecting and repairing in a safe and efficient manner. Good communication skills are essential. Career minded, reliable, able to handle multiple projects, problem solve, work as a team member and be detail oriented.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Duties may include some of the following on an assortment of projects:
- Learning the basics of the finishing process from staining to final rub out.
- Meeting deadlines which may require a willingness to work overtime while tracking hours worked on specific jobs.
- Assist in organizing tools and materials needed for the current days’ work as well as planning for tomorrow.
- Perform continuous sanding and buffing on a regular basis.
- Maintain and clean the finishing area.
- Take necessary measures to protect adjacent surfaces and structures from splatters, damage, etc.
- Stay current with new developments in the finishing industry.
- Update the finish manager of any scheduling delays, issues or finish procedural changes.
- Assist in labeling and disposal of finishing materials.
- Follow safety rules, work policies and procedures per training/instructions
- Communicate in an efficient and effective manner with co-workers and supervision to ensure jobs are done correctly
- Foster harmonious communications within the shift and between shifts
- Perform the duties of the job as needed
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Post high school training in woodwork finishing.
- The ability to do detailed work accurately and neatly.
- The ability to self-start projects with limited direction.
- Demonstrate professional character and self-discipline.
- Mechanical ability, manual dexterity, and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills in communication and problem solving
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Cancer & Accident Insurance
- Discounts on Phone Plan and Shop Goods
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour