metrica MA is a growing company that has cultivated a culture of creativity and skilled fabrication. We take pride in maintaining the highest standards of craftsmanship and quality. metrica MA is fortunate to uphold the trust of architects and designers across the country whose work is extraordinary. We value collaboration, commitment to craft and high-quality results. We respect the input and efforts of everyone involved in the creative process. We focus great attention on every aspect of production and strive for excellence in each project we complete.
We are based in Northampton, MA but work with national and international clientele. We value passion, commitment, and a desire to strive for excellence. metrica MA is a workplace where every member of the team is equally important.
metrica MA is looking for a full-time Metalworker / Finisher to work on prototypes, production, and finishing. We are looking for the following qualities/skills in a candidate:
- Eagerness and enthusiasm to learn how we work and develop new skills
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- The ability to do detailed finish work accurately and neatly
- Ability to work efficiently to meet project deadlines
- Capacity to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of our team
- Post high school training in metal finishing
- Mechanical ability, manual dexterity, and the ability to pay attention to detail
- Experience with dual action sanders, polishing jacks, and the coloration of metal
- An artistic eye
- Ability to understand fabrication/technical drawings
- The ability to self-start projects with limited direction.
- Experience with onsite installation work
- Good interpersonal skills in communication and problem solving
This position will be a manual labor position and the ability to follow directions is critical. This position requires common sense, logical thought processes, and the ability to work in a safety conscious manner. This position requires the employee to wear all required PPE.
Duties may include some of the following on an assortment of projects:
- This position is full time (40+ hours), hourly nonexempt, benefits eligible
- Working in a manufacturing environment with exposure to various hazards and contaminants
- Following safety rules, and other policies and procedures per training/instructions
- Lifting up to 70 pounds, standing for prolonged periods of time
- Learning the basics of the finishing process from sanding, polishing, patina, and spray coating.
- Meeting deadlines which may require a willingness to work overtime
- Assist in organizing tools and materials needed for the current job
- Continuous sanding and patination, while upholding required quality standards.
- Maintaining and cleaning the finishing area.
- Taking measures to protect adjacent surfaces and structures during finishing process
- Update the shop manager of any scheduling delays, issues or finish procedural changes.
- Communicate in an efficient and effective manner with co-workers and supervision to ensure jobs are done correctly
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short –Term Disability Insurance
- Discounts on Phone Plan and Shop Goods